It might seem trivial, but choosing the right material for your windows is really important, especially when you’re spending big money in order to get the right look and feel for your property.
Windows are an investment, and so you shouldn’t rush into a decision without evaluating the different choices available to you.
As aluminium windows and doors specialists, we supply art deco windows, aluminium frames, bay windows and many more styles in an array of materials.
uPVC is a popular choice for windows, but some people may not know what uPVC actually is. Unplasticized Polyvinyl Chloride, the long name for uPVC, is an engineered plastic which is often used as a building material for windows and more.
Here is a rundown of some of the unique features and benefits of choosing uPVC:
- uPVC windows are very easy to maintain and clean.
- uPVC is great for insulation, helping you keep your bills down during the winter.
- uPVC is a lightweight material, which makes uPVC double or triple glazed windows quick and easy to install.
- uPVC can last up to 20 years in great condition, meaning your investment will be one that lasts.
Metal – Aluminium And Steel
As a more sustainable choice, metals such as aluminium and steel are ideal for durable and beautiful windows. Here the benefits of choosing aluminium;
- Aluminium tends to be stronger than uPVC. That means that aluminium windows can have a slimmer appearance, and a larger glass surface area due to the strength of the frames.
- Powder-coated aluminium is extremely durable, which means whatever finish you choose will last for a very long time.
- Aluminium windows are also environmentally friendly. Aluminium is infinitely recyclable.
- Aluminium has greater design flexibility than uPVC.
- Aluminium windows can survive tests in severe exposure categories.
Get In Touch – Aluminium Windows And Doors
Need help choosing replacement windows? To get started implementing your new windows, please reach out to our specialist team of replacement window specialists at Jennyfields. You can get in contact at 01252 315888 or email us at email@example.com.